Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Finally Friday!

I'm going to preface this by telling y'all how my day started. Woke up late, only lined ONE EYE (yes, seriously.), got to Starbucks and spilled my ENTIRE venti PSL on my WEEK OLD Droid (touch screen is kaput, yay)... Yet... I'm still smiling. #whitegirlproblems

On to more important things... My birthday! Eleven more days till the big 2-5! This year I really don't have a gigantic wish list... All things in my last post would be nice, but because my birthday is so close to Christmas, I don't usually ask for much. I know that Brian is paying for my gun permit, and my sister is getting me a VS gift card. (Not even gonna lie. Other day realized I was wearing boyshorts that I bought in college. YES, I've bought drawers since then, but STILL.) B and I have been together for over three years and I still feel weird when his mom asks me what I want... Or anybody for that matter. I don't want people spending much on me, and I don't want to look like a spoiled brat asking for stuff, so she always gets me Sbux gift cards. Which, even after the PSL debacle this am, I am all about.

This weekend is shaping up to be pretty low key. B is off work tonight, so I assume he will want to get out, but I really could care less. I'm waist deep in poly mesh at home, and I have GOT to get working on my Christmas wreaths and get them ready to sell. They're turning out beautifully, but I'm such a perfectionist that they're a bit time consuming. I'm also going to applique some shirts for the girls to wear to our extended family's Christmas get together. My nana (Mom's Mom) had TEN brothers and sisters, who all had kids, who all had kids, and some of whom now have kids... So it's a BIG EVENT. We all head out to the country where one of my great Aunts has a gigantic house and we chow down on BBQ and Aunt Bobbie cookies (chocolate chip cookies w/Reeses in the middle, amaaaazing!) and catch up on what everyone's been up to. Now I LOVE my family, and I truly do cherish when we all get together because those are memories you always have with you... But some of them are a little more... Uppity (?) than others... And it can kinda be like going to a class reunion (seeing who's gotten fat, who's gotten divorced). But on the whole, it's a good time had by all, and gives us enough of each other until next August (family reunion time!).

Next week I'm hoping to be interviewing for a new job. I LOVE my job I have now, but it's just not taking care of business the way it needs to. 20 hours a week would be fine if I were back in school, but that's not on the radar right now, and Momma needs a new pair of shoes. Or a purse. Anyhow, a friend's mom is head of HR at a local hospital, and she said she'd be calling when she came back from vaca so we could get together and work something out. Oh boy, I hope so!

Now that I've finished my (2nd) PSL for the day, I'm headed to get a new phone, post office, and to clean the house. Love a clean house on a Friday night... That way I can spend my weekend having fun and not washing towels. (ugh, laundry)

Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments: