Thursday, November 18, 2010

Daily Reminders...

So apparently I am the last person in the world to jump onto the Pandora bandwagon, but if you are slow like me... Go check it out! I've been cleaning (and surfing blogs!) like a madwoman today, and I can tell that Pandora is going to be my new BFF. It's awesome! My iTunes library was copied from Brian's, and he has over 19,000 songs. Yeah. That many. Anything from Carrie Underwood to Korn to Vince Gill to Enigma... He's even got some Tibetan monk chanting thing. Needless to say, I often find myself skipping around after every other song. Pandora, on the other hand, can basically read my mind! I like a few songs, and they pick out songs like those to play. LOVE IT.

I've been stressed to the max today trying to get the house in order, on top of needing to go to the grocery, get Christmas cards finalized, changing banks, and trying to start Christmas shopping. There have been a few negative attitudes around the past few days, too, so that is adding fuel to the fire... Lately I've felt myself falling into a funk because of the weight I've been feeling, and haven't been 100%. With both girls at school for most of the day, it's allowed me to be alone with my thoughts more than usual, and at least for me, that can be dangerous. Today was no exception. Then, just when I needed it... He sent me a little message in the form of a song... (via PANDORA! :) )

"I am holding on to the hope I have inside
With you I will stay through every day
Putting my understanding aside
And I am comforted"

I am so thankful for His reminders on days like these. My life is full of so many blessings, and these things I need to do... They are full of opportunities to glorify Him. God is so very, very good!

And, seriously, Pandora is your best cleaning buddy!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love Pandora! I agree, it is definitely the best cleaning buddy!

Michaela said...

Oh my gosh, I recently heard of Pandora also... so you weren't the last one!! I love it too!