Thursday, December 30, 2010

11 in 2011 : Day 1





As my friend J would say, this is total lamesauce. I had my Day 1 post scheduled... ? Or I thought I did! Operator error, as usual. Let's just pretend I did, mmmkay? :)


Day 1: New Years Resolutions

Resolutions are kind of a touchy subject with me. Hearing so many of the same old resolutions, well, gets old. I also often feel like it's sometime setting yourself up for disappointment. I didn't make any resolutions for 2010, and I was cool with that. In 2011, however, I think I will be making a few. Goals, resolutions, whatever you want to call them...

For 2011, I hope to really grow in my faith. I have been, and will continue, to do my best to let go of the hard stuff and give it all over to Him. He can handle those things... And I can do the things that I excel in. Taking the plunge and officially becoming a member of our church is something that I believe I will be doing in January. The church home that I've found is like no other that I've experienced, and I am excited to really plug in and get active in the church community.

If all goes as planned, I will be starting back to school in the middle of January. Full time. I always told myself that I would go back once Stella got to kindergarten... But her preschool program this year is 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. I have no reason not to go back! Ohhhhh I am terrified like you wouldn't believe... But I am also really excited to get back into the swing of being in a classroom setting. After being away from school for so long, some of my classes aren't going to carry over... So I've got a couple pre-reqs to re-take, which will be a good thing to get my feet wet in. I've always been a determined student, and I hope that in 2011 that will still be the case!

This new year also gives me an opportunity to start over in some personal aspects of my life. As long as I can remember, I've had at least one toxic person in my life at all times. Someone who runs hot and cold on me, who talks down to me, who makes me feel guilty for things that aren't wrong or bad... 2011 is going to be the year of me learning to be happy, regardless of what other people might think. If I come into those toxic types of people, I will walk the other way. Not buying into the mind games... Honest, good, Godly people need only apply! I don't want to go down the road 15 years from now with someone and think, "What did I get myself into?!"... And then be 15+ years into something and have to walk away then. Nope, there are some things that don't need to be procrastinated, and this is one of them!

1 comment:

Kit said...

What great resolutions! Good luck with school! :)