Monday, December 13, 2010

Brain Dump

Well I hope you all are having the most wonderous week! The countdown (& the pressure!) is definitely on, and I am so ready for next week! The presents are burning a hole in my closet, and I cannot wait to spend time with friends and family! B's brother & SIL are coming in town from Oregon (this weekend I believe), and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. I've only been around his brother a handful of times, and only met his sweet wife once... They'll be here for a few weeks, so we'll have plenty of time to hang out! My uncle and his family will also be coming to town sometime next week, so that will be great to see them as well!

I'm hoping I get over my sickness by then... Since Friday I've had a horrible cough, sinus pressure, and some serious pain in my ears, neck, & shoulders. I've been hesitant to go to the doctor b/c of some insurance issues, but found out today that everything is fine, so I'll be at the doc tomorrow! I'm fairly sure I've got one helluva sinus infection, so I've been taking some antibiotics, and I think it's helped a little. Praying that I'm not contagious... I would hate for the girls to be sick their last few days at school!

Speaking of school... Dum, dum, dum... If all goes as planned, I will be a college student (again!) as of January! I'm petrified, but really, really excited. I know, it's about time... But I think now, the time is actually right. I'm in the mindset to give it the time and attention that it deserves, and I'm doing it because I really want to, not because I feel like I have something to prove.

For the next few weeks, I'll be working a seasonal job at the mall, hocking towels & sheets at a department store. Not exactly what I had in mind when I went looking for another job, but it actually works out perfectly, as I can say when I want to work, and I won't be forced to work Christmas Eve, New Years, etc... I just say I'm unavailable, and it's that simple. I've been training for the past few days, and my first "real" shift is Thursday. I'm really excited just to get out of the house for a few hours and make a little (seriously, teeeeny bit of) extra moolah!

Kind of a rambling of a post, but all the meds I'm on have me a little loopy today. I even went to Savanah's school for lunch today and was thirty minutes early! I felt so silly, but she was just excited to see me! I'll leave y'all with this little gem from Stella this morning, right after she asked if I was sick & I said yes... "It's okay if you're sick, Mommy... Everybody goes to Heaven sometime!" Patting me on the back the whole time... So dang funny.

Hope everyone has a great week! Stay WARM! :)

No comments: