Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cherry Cream Freeze

Growing up, on Christmas Day, we would venture to my Great Grandfather's house in Milan, TN. Gran Gran was the coolest old guy ever, and was basically the only male grandparent I ever had a close relationship with. When we were there, we'd eat a HUGE dinner and it would always include The Pink Stuff. Now, ok, get your eighth grade giggles out... It's really called "Cherry Cream Freeze"... But no one in our family knows it by anything other than The Pink Stuff, because that's just what it looks like! It's a super easy thing to make, and it tastes absolutely amazing. Technically, I guess it's a dessert, but we always serve it with the main meal. Here's the recipe if any of y'all would like to try it out. I used two of the rectangle disposable containers, and it was the perfect amount. Also, I just set it out on the counter at breakfast, and it was thawed out and ready to eat by lunch.

1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 can cherry pie filling
3/4 cup (9 oz can) crushed pineapple (drained)
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups prepared Dream Whip or Cool Whip

Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl, mix well. Gently fold in cool whip until evenly blended. Pour into dish (whatever size is fine) and cover. Freeze for at least 24 hours. Thaw for 3-4 hours before eating.



This is the only pic I have of it... And yeah, I definitely sat down and finished off the rest of it by myself, lol. It is so. good.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yummmmm! Looks so good! ;)