Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Quiz!

I have no ability to follow through with one cohesive thought tonight, so here ya go.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Especially when you have kiddos, wrapping paper is the only way to go. And if you DO pull out the bags... Be prepared to hear about it!

2. Real tree or Artificial? There is nothing better than the smell and vibe of a real tree... However, there also isn't anything like the ease of an artificial one! We have two artificial trees, and while I do wish sometimes we had a real one, at this point in our lives, ease is going to trump ambiance.

3. When do you put up the tree? We usually put up our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. More often than not, Sunday, because we are master procrastinators.

4. When do you take the tree down? Again with the master procrastinator thing from above... Yeah. If it's down by the 15th of January, we're doing good.

5. Do you like eggnog? Um, no.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? UT Starter jacket & a basketball goal. Which if you know me now, yes, should make you laugh till you cry.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Nana

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Tons! I have one that my great aunt had carved from wood that I lurve as well as a ceramic one from Mexico that my Nana brought me when I was tiny. I still have all of the pieces, but poor Joseph has been found decapitated at least once a year since '93.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! I LOVE addressing the envelopes and picking out stamps! Seriously!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A turquoise and kelly green track suit that Nana got for me when she was in Bermuda. Aside from the horrid color combo, it was poly-freakin-ester and a size too small. I wore it once, about a year ago when I was in my starvation diet (due to working 3 jobs + kids) and could fit into it, only because Nana asked me why I never wore it. Hello, fashion disaster via guilt trip.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone (the original!)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Typically, the week before Christmas. I know, it's awful, but this year I am already almost finished! Only a few more things on my list!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yeah... Especially candles, etc... I have straight out regifted a few, but I usually tell people "Hey, I've got these candles/towels/whatever that I won't use, but maybe you would?"...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Our same ol' standard dinner... We always have a turkey and a ham (Honeybaked!), dressing, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole... Good ol' stuff.

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Depends on the tree! I have always used white lights on our "big" tree, but this new tree we have has colored LEDs on it, and I am loving the bright colors!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells, Blue Christmas by Elvis

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home! When I was little we would go to my great-grandfather's in Milan, TN (about an hour and a half away) after the Santa stuff, but since then we stay here in M-Town!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Comet, Dancer, Cupid, Prancer, & Rudolph! (I only had to Google for Prancer!)

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Huge Nana bow on top of both trees. (The Nana bow is serious business. She can make some serious bows, and I am so thankful that she is trying to pass it on to me. My hands, on the other hand, are old beyond their years - carpel tunnel & mild arthritis in most fingers - and it's not as easy as it looks!)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning! The girls always open up one present on Christmas Eve. PJ's. They still get excited every year.

22. Favorite children's Christmas song? I love hearing the girls sing Christmas songs! All so sweet. My fave this year has been Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People acting all holier-than-thou and those who make it all about the gifts and what they get or how extravagant their gifts are.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love a candy cane theme with a little lime green thrown in! So cute!

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Both, of course!

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I just rediscovered my love of Le Creuset. So more of that, please. Also, some black slouchy flat boots and a new MK purse.

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No, but my Uncle's co-worker is Santa down at St. Jude & Ronald McDonald House, and we usually get in a visit on his way down there. (He is about 6'5 and is one BIG Santa! He even drives a giant red dually truck... The girls think he IS THE REAL Santa, and it's awesome.)

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? Fourth grade... So I was 10? Some friends' of my step-dad's kids told me one day, and I was SO FREAKIN MAD. Not necessarily mad that there wasn't a real Santa, I just remember being so ticked that some dumb kids would be so mean. (I'm still a smidge bitter, can you tell?!)

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot chocolate mostly... I do enjoy a good hot apple cider now and then though!

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I love red, white, black, & lime green together... I'm already stockpiling stuff for a UGA tree next year! :)

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Absolutely not. Even on a ladder I am STILL too short to hang them, and I think it's too much of a hassle to turn around and take them right back down.

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Chimney

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Depends on the giver. B's mom does gift cards every year, and I love it because she only gets places where I'll spend them on me (Sbux, Nail Salon, etc), where if I get one to WalMart/Target/etc. it all gets spent on someone else. Which came out sounding really selfish, but I just meant it as, if I get a gift card, it's nice if I can actually use it for myself.

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? Charlie Brown! It's a classic. Our church did a movie night a few weekends ago and played Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, & The Grinch! It was AWESOME to get to see all four of them in one sitting!

No comments: