Monday, January 3, 2011

11 in 2011: Day 3



Day 3: Favorite Work-Out Tips

Ha... I am definitely not the one to be giving out work-out tips to anyone.

Best I've got is get a routine going. It was always easier for me to stick with it if I went to the gym/worked out at the same time every day. Finding a good playlist is also essential, because we all know that being on the treadmill can drag on for-ev-er if you don't have anything good to listen to! Also, don't be afraid to try out new classes! I started spinning this year and fell in LURVE. If I leave spin hobbling and feeling like I'm not going to make it to the car... It's been a good class :) What can I say. If I'm going to be feeling the burn... Then it had better be burning good.

I'm going through a little struggle whether to find a new gym or not. While my old gym had some great programs, their bookkeeping/managing efforts left MUCH to be desired... (i.e., drafting SIX MONTHS of dues out all at once one month... Right before I got paid...Yeah. Not cool.) I paid through the end of my contract and cancelled my membership with them, and wouldn't go back to them if they offered me a free membership. There's really only one "full service" gym close to my house, but it's kinda small and gets crowded quickly. I think I'm going to get back to walking/running, doing some weights and stuff at the house and see how it goes. I still have yet to try out the new Greenline, so I'm thinking of doing that one day this week when the girls are (finally!) back in school!

I saw this saying on another blog the other day, and it really is this simple... Eat less, move more!

No comments: