Wednesday, January 5, 2011

11 in 2011: Day 5




Day 5: Places You Hope to go this Year

The other day a good friend and I were talking about this very topic... I definitely want to get to a beach (any beach) this year! We haven't been to the beach since Stella was in utero, and coming from a girl who went to Destin multiple times a year for 20+ years... Yeah. I'm feigning for some white sandy beaches!

Visiting the PNW is also on my list. B's brother lives in Portland, and I would love to travel around Oregon's wine country (where one of my faves, Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, is made!), visit Astoria (HELLO! The Goonies!!), and just see the sights! I've never been west of Denver, so I'm excited to possibly head that far northwest!

Most likely, I know we will be making quite a few trips up to Nashville (oh, how I wish we could live up there!), possibly a Gatlinburg trip, and hopefully a couple of UGA games (so Athens, and possibly K-ville to see the Vols GO DOWN!! hehehe..). A good friend of mine got his pilot's license this year
there have been talks of some fun weekend trips to NOLA (Mardi Gras!). (He has a fancy schmancy job where he wines, dines & golfs with clients and apparently being able to fly them around is also high on the cool list. But comes with company plane privileges!)

Of course, if I got to pick anywhere this year, I'd love to go to Little Cayman. Soooo pretty, and great diving! (I've become more interested in diving... Thinking of taking some diving courses!)

4 comments:

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Love your blog - just found you through the link up! But, I am so jealous that you have been to Nashville. Living in California, we have never been able to make it over there! I would love to see what it is all about :) Your girls are adorable... love the header!

MJ said...

I'd love to go to wine country...

Kit said...

I would LOVE to go to wine country too....Maybe one day :)

Kristy said...

I agree, a yearly trip to Destin is a must! :)