Sunday, March 27, 2011

Eight is Great!

This weekend was a whirlwind... Last night was my final membership class to join the church, and I'm now officially a member! Woohoo! The class was so emotional and brought up a LOT of feelings I hadn't really dealt with in awhile. We were all asked to share our testimony, and every single woman in our group (and a few of the men!!) bawled like babies! It was a great night, though, and I am hoping to stay in touch with some of our group! The girls and I will be introduced & baptized next weekend & I am so, so excited to be joining this wonderful church family!

Today was full of soccer & carting B from place to place... He was having some work done on the suspension on his car, so I was the chauffeur this weekend and let's just say... I filled up on Friday AM & am sitting on E tonight. I am so tired of driving that I almost thought about walking Savanah to school in the morning! (Plus that almost $70 at the gas pump makes me want to stay in the house and not drive ANYWHERE!!)

Tomorrow morning I am getting up & movin' and pulling down all of our spring/summer clothes from the attic. Gotta get the closets/drawers organized & get the girls' room completely finished up. I think I'm going to start painting it next week, so anything not absolutely necessary is going to be gone! The coffee pot's timer is set & the Diet Cokes are chilling in the fridge... Monday, bring it on!

(And just because I'm a sucker for a good meme...)


8 TV Shows I Like to Watch:

1. Gilmore Girls
2. RHOC
3. Bethenny
4. One Tree Hill
5. Californication
6. How I Met Your Mother
7. King of Queens
8. Will & Grace

8 Favorite Places to Eat and Drink:
1. The Back Porch (in Destin, FL... Another blogger mentioned it a few days ago & I've been obsessing ever since!!)
2. The Silly Goose (for drinks downtown!)
3. Sekisui Pacific Rim
4. Villa Castrioti
5. Half Shell
6. Chick-fil-A
7. Milano's Pizza
8. El Mezcal


8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. Springtime!
2. Sundresses
3.
Eventually finishing school
4. Vacation... Somewhere, anywhere... lol
5. Getting a J-O-B!
6. College football!
7. New home.
8. Getting more involved with our church

8 Things that Happened to me Yesterday:
1. Took B to work
2. Had a nice breakfast at Chick-fil-A with my first sweet girl
3. Came home & slept till 11! Oops!
4. Picked B up from work
5. Took a shower & put on makeup
6. Tried on 47,000 outfits trying to get ready
7. Shared my testimony along with others in my membership class for church... And bawled like a baby!
8. Tossed & turned for a couple hours while B played Plants vs. Zombies on the iPad in bed. (Grrr!)

8 Thinks I Like About Winter:
1. Football and basketball AT THE SAME TIME!! :D
2. Wearing cute coats
3. Yummy desserts
4. Fires in the fireplace (REAL WOOD ONLY!!)
5. The smell of a REAL Christmas tree!
6. "Blue Christmas" by Elvis
7. Shopping
8. The girls' 2 weeks of no school!

8 Things on My Wish List:
1. Seeing 130 on the scale
2. A job that I love and enjoy
3. A trip to the beach. Even just a couple days. Need some sand between my toes & the salty air in my nose! (Ha! Cheesy!)
4. New running shoes
5. A new place to live in a better school district
6. New summer clothes
7. A sweet housebroken Bullie
8. A touch-up dye job! The red fades SO FAST!

8 Things I am Passionate About:
1. My faith
2. Savanah & Stella
3. B
4. Family
5. Friends
6. Music
7. Shopping
8. Crafting

8 Words or Phrases I Use Often:
1. "Oh, biscuits"
2. "Mother scratcher"
3. "WHAT are you TALKING about?!"
4. "It's whatever"
5. "Ex-cuuuuuuse me?!"
6. "Watch your attitude, please!"
7. "SHARE!!! Or I'll take it away from BOTH of you!"
8. "Son of a biscuit"

8 Things I Have Learned From the Past:
1. You're not alone.
2. You can't expect much from other people. They're just people, too.
3. Your mom wasn't always right.
4. Everything happens for a reason
5. Don't be afraid to love.
6. Even when someone is mean to you... Be nice & kind. Have MERCY.
7. Men are just men. Not mind readers or knights in shining armor. They're just men.
8. Maker's Mark & Dr. Pepper turns me into a raving lunatic of a biotch.

8 Places I Would Like to Visit/See:
1. The Maldives
2. Italy
3. The West Coast... Do a whole winery tour starting in Washington & work our way down into Cali!
4. New York City
5. Savannah, GA
6. Sanford Stadium!
7. Erie, PA (Where B is from)
8. Disney World

8 Things I Currently Want/Need:
1. To lose 30 pounds
2. A JOB
3. To start feeling better (health-wise)
4. To be finished with school
5. To get my nails done (they are pretty unfortunate)
6. A new house to decorate!
7. A date night with B... Hoping he realizes this soon!
8. Win the lottery! :P

No comments: