Thursday, March 10, 2011

Perspective...

Today has been one long annoyance! All day long, something would come around and make me mad, make me angry, and just earlier, make me sad. I've been on quite the emotional rollercoaster for the past two weeks, and today all of my insecurities kinda caught up with me. All things that I can't control, all things that I just have to accept that they happened, but they're all things that kinda hurt to know about. I'm left feeling defeated...
This was the beginning of the post I was writing tonight. It has been a tough day for me. While sitting here though, I realized how silly it all seems in the grand scheme of things. Especially when I read this post on Megan's blog... Here I am sitting and complaining about getting my feelings hurt (when honestly, none of it should), and God is working in some amazing ways. I started reading Megan's blog a little over a year ago, and if you don't read it, you should. She and her husband have been through so much, and they are honestly a bit of an inspiration to me. If they can come out of so much, surely I can deal with a few hurt feelings and blah days. I can put a smile on my face and praise God for blessing me with the good days AND the bad. Tonight is going to be a good night for some Bible time...

Tomorrow is the girls' last day of school before Spring Break starts! I'm a little overwhelmed because I have got to get in as much "job search" as I can tomorrow. It's kind of hard to put in applications/resumes with two kids in tow, lol. (And I would never really do that!) I'm starting to receive the "You seem good, but not good enough" e-mails from places I've applied... My self esteem gets kinda low after those... But it will work out eventually. We don't have any big plans as of yet, although I am thinking about taking them to the Pink Palace and Lichterman Nature Center one day. I'm praying for sunny, warm days! This week has been COLD and DREARY! Hoping that daylight savings time will bring with it some nice Spring weather!

1 comment:

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I know the feeling of having a few down days and then seeing someone else's life and suddenly your whole perspective changes. But remember, it's all relative. What you are going through is tough - finding a job is so hard, so it's okay to get frustrated! Hang in there and enjoy those girls on their spring break!! :)