Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weekend Update.

Pinkeye has invaded our house.

My extended family has decided to jump ship, and I am honestly okay with it! (We are dysfunctional with a capital DYSFUNCTION, and sometimes it is just too much to deal with.)

Life has a crazy way of taking you in one direction, then going "Oh wait! Just kidding! Sharp left turn rightabout HERE!". I'm okay with it, really. Or at least I tell myself that hoping that my subconscious will get tired of arguing and agree.

In other news, I'm back on the job hunt. School, while awesome and I love it, does not quite pay the bills. Plus, Mama needs something other than laundry and carpool! It's not really socially acceptable to spend my leisurely child-free days throwing back Dos Equis on a patio at noon (ohhh but a girl can dream!), so back to shuffling papers I go! Haven't really found anything great yet, but hoping something pans out in the next few weeks. Looking for work sucks more than actual work itself. I can only make so many cover letters talking myself up before I get to the point of giving up and getting real.
"Dear Sir or Madam:

I'm broke and I need a job. I'm smart, a fast learner, and have a great smile. My kids need to be signed up for softball next month, and paper or not, money doesn't grow on trees.

I can start immediately.

Kthanks.

S"
Sorry for the snark today... Not sure if it's the weather or what I'm just feeling a little stabby. Throwing back XX sounds fantastic right now, but I'm going to head to my class at church instead. Hopefully I will get an attitude adjustment minus the hangover!

No comments: