Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Rec: Little Bee

A few months ago, I got into a book buying spree. Seriously, bought around 10 books over 2 weeks. I have always had a strong love of reading, but the past six months of my life have been insane. The easiest way I can think to describe it would be... A rollercoaster. Anyhow, one of those books I bought was Little Bee by Chris Cleave. I had no idea what it was about, but I'd read something on some blog and it just looked good.

After reading three or four pages here and there since I purchased the book, two days ago I really started reading it. It's not very long, a little over 250 pages, but once I started reading- I could barely put it down. The story of a Nigerian refugee and how her life ties into a British couple who are dealing with infidelity is nothing short of riveting, and it really will make you think. Keeping it real, comparing my experience to Sarah's (the British wife in the story)... Being so different, yet so similar really got me thinking about things that have happened in my past, and better yet... Helped me actually come to terms with the "why" that I have never been able to find a good reason for. I laid awake for hours last night, rehashing things that happened many years ago, that I honestly refused to think about for a very long time.

Regardless- This story is one that will make you think. It will hold your attention, may bring some tears... But it's a good, fairly quick, read that I 100% recommend.

So go get it.

You're welcome. ;)

No comments: