Monday, September 19, 2011

Brain Dump-age.

Getting back to blogging after being away for almost a solid month never gets easier.

That being said, only thing I'm good for today is a Good Ol' Brain Dump.

* Homeschooling is still going strong. We are using the k12 curriculum, and I am more than pleased with their academic program. The actual "business" end of it, however, is starting to wear me thin. Because it is technically part of the public school system, there is a bit of red tape/few hoops to jump through, and I'm over it. Lots of things are coming out now, after we are invested into the program... And had I been informed of these things while I was researching my options, I probably wouldn't have chosen this program. HOWEVER, we'll just do what we have to do for this year. As I connect with more families doing this program as well, I am relieved that many of us have the same concerns/complaints, and it's not just me being ornery (which I have been known to be, on occasion).

* Savanah turned 8 at the beginning of the month... And ever since, I've been wondering if 8 is too early for pre-pubescent hormones to be raging?! I am officially, 100% terrified of her getting any older. The thought of single-momming it through her teenage years makes me want to run away screaming.

Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest



* I have had laundry sitting in my room, folded and ready to be put away, since we got back home from Florida. In JULY. I figure it would be pointless to put it away now, since I'll have to be putting all the summer duds up in the attic soon! (Well. Here's to hoping. I'm going with it.)

* Still nothing on the dating front. And honestly, y'all? I don't want to. It's too much work, and frankly I am focusing on the girls and me and saying the hell with anything else. For the first time in my life, I have an awesome group of girlfriends who have my back, and THAT?! Is absolutely one of the best feelings ever.

Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest



*This past week, I started teaching a group of kindergarteners on Wednesday nights at church. It was something I really wanted to do, but was absolutely terrified of the time commitment... After lots of prayer, though, I realize that this is what I need to be doing, and I LOVE IT! This now puts us at church a minimum of three days a week, which totally makes our schedule crazier than ever, but it's the season of my life. I truly can see His will working through me, and seeing the path my life has taken the past few years is starting to come full circle... Finally, I can "get it"... It all is making more sense now, which is bringing me tons of (much needed!) peace.

* Running is becoming my release. Getting out and kicking my own butt on a nice long run has turned into something I look forward to at the end of the day, and I never really thought I would get to this point. I'm still slow as Moses, and I still incorporate a lot of walking into my running, but so be it. There are a few races I've been looking at doing, and I am excited to do the LuvMud run with some friends in a few weeks! I'm also trying to talk my friend L into doing the Tough Mudder with me at the beginning of next year... It's super extreme, lots of crazy obstacles, but would be so bad ass to be able to complete! It's nothing I can do solo (you really need some physical AND moral support for this one!), so hey bloggy ladies, if any of y'all are up for it... (That kinda makes me laugh, thinking about it. It'd definitely be story-worthy, a group of lady bloggers who love fashion, monograms, & sweet tea doing something as hardcore as Tough Mudder... lol)

No comments: