Monday, September 19, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge!

To help me out of my blogging slump, I'm joining in the fun with Neely and Amber for their Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge! Go here to get all the deets and join in!

Today's topic is Fall Traditions!

Fall is, hands down, my favorite month of the year. I LOVE cool weather, football, sweaters, and boots! I guess we do have a few "traditions", but I love the things that fill our days during the fall that can't happen during the sweltering Memphis summers (running outdoors, riding bikes, and well, anything outdoors!).



First off, something we are all anticipating is a trip to the Corn Maze! The girls LOVE going, and I have to admit, I always have fun too. Aside from the corn maze itself, they have this huge trampoline-esque "jumping pillow" that I totally get crazy on right along with the kiddos! The corn cannon (shoots corn cobs out of a "cannon" towards different prizes you can win), hayride, and s'mores making is also part of the experience!



Of course, a huge event in the Fall is Halloween! I love to get crafty, so I get a little bit competitive carving pumpkins. Last year I think I carved four. Yes... Four, lol. I love coming up with my own designs as well as the tried and true patterns.

Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest



Football is HUGE in our house, and we always make it to four or five home games for our beloved hometown team, the University of Memphis Tigers! The girls have grown up going to the games and they get into it, hollering and having fun, just as much as the adults! This is the first year for the new tailgating area at the stadium, and it is just gorgeous all lit up at night! A HUGE improvement from what it used to look like!

Of course, Pumpkin Spice Lattes (I get a pump of Cinnamon Dolce added into mine! SO delish!) are a must come this time of the year. My most favorite thing to do on a "Sarah Day" with no kiddos is to get all layered up, boots on, PSL in hand, and go shopping! I am also a huge fan of blogging from the Starbucks patio during the fall, but now that we're homeschooling I don't see much of that in our future!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I got my scarf today...and LOVE it!! I was cracking up too, great minds think alike! :) Thanks so much, Sarah!