Monday, January 23, 2012

Doesn't Get Much Better...



There is nothing quite like the morning I have had so far.

The girls got up without complaint, got themselves dressed, teeth brushed, and stuff together without me having to nag. We were ten minutes early for school, traffic was non-existent, and I didn't run into anyone I didn't want to see.

The guy at Panera remembered me from the bank (he used to come get change from me every other day), and it was nice to talk to him for a moment. Caught up on blogs over some steel cut oatmeal and killed half an hour until Target opened up. AND?! My everything bagel actually had the seeds/garlic/etc on the bottom of the bagel, too (it's usually only on the top).

Successfully roamed Target for an hour and a half. Tried on shoes, browsed through clothes, tried on sunglasses. My ovaries ached every time I got a gummy grin from the 74,000 babies that I passed by. (The baby fever I am consumed with is ridiculous considering I am a single mom of two. Even I know how insane that sounds.) Spent an insane amount of time in the book section, and ended up having to get three. (The Art of Racing in the Rain, The 5 Love Languages, & If This is Paradise, I Want My Money Back) Ended up with books, my favorite cheap pens (Papermate Profile 1.4mm) in black and blue, and a ton of little toys/pencils for the treasure box in Savanah's class.

Plans for the rest of the day include beginning a shit-ton of laundry and picking up around the house, going for a run, and grabbing something for lunch. I will then take said lunch, go get in carpool line ridiculously early, roll the windows down, and eat said lunch while I read one of my new books.

Honestly? My perfect day, in a nutshell. Happy Monday, y'all! :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love your blog. I've read the 5 love Languages. It's pretty interesting. I think I was a combination of a couple. hah

We had to read it as part of our pre-marital counseling. Was good though.