Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Normal?? What's that?! {Link Up!}



1.

Is it normal to lie about your age?

Honestly, I don’t see the point. Does it really matter? No. At the same time, can the number be a little unsettling? Sure. Last night The Dude and I realized that he went to high school with my 9th grade Wellness teacher.. Who was in his 30’s when I was in his class. That was weird. But whatever. We all get old. Why lie?


2.

Is it normal to have mistaken someone for the opposite sex?

In your head? Sure. OUT LOUD? Hell to the no! Listen, we have all had our share of “Pat” sightings. Don’t act like you haven’t. But that’s when you bust out the gender-neutral pronouns. No sirs and ma’am’s unless you know fo’ sho’ what kind of equipment they’re packing, ifyaknowwhatImsayin’.


3.

Is it normal to go #2 in a public restroom?

…If you gotta go, you gotta go. This whole question is TMI x100,000. I’m not a fan of public restrooms in general, so I try to avoid them at all costs. Sometimes though, after a night of drinking two bottles of wine, the next morning can be rough on the ol’ tums.


4.

Is it normal to sit RIGHT NEXT TO a stranger at the movie theater?

No! Creepy. I will absolutely get up and move if someone does that to me.


5.

Is it normal to lie about your weight?

Again, like the age. Who really cares? I weigh anywhere from 160-170. My clothes fit, and I’m not embarrassed to wear a swimsuit around people. SAYING I weigh 150 doesn’t actually change my weight, so why do it? (I’ll go on ahead and just admit- I don’t weigh myself hardly ever. I generally go by the dude scale… As long as my boobs stick out farther than my stomach, I’m good. See also, thank God for big boobs.)
 

6.

Is it normal to sing and dance in the car?

Yes. Have you ever ridden in a car with someone who does not sing or dance? It’s boring. And they are weird.  


7.

Is it normal to take self-pictures in public?

No. It’s lame. I still do it sometimes, but it’s totally lame.


8.

Is it normal for women to have a gun license?

Of course! I have had mine for about two years. The class was SO much fun, really informative, and extremely empowering. I originally got mine in case the (at the time, now ex) boyfriend left his gun in my car or something so I’d be legally covered. Living in Memphis (which is a city I LOOOVE, but let’s be real) I think that it is very important to be as prepared as possible. Guns don’t kill people. People with guns kill people. And I guaran-damn-tee you if some asshole with a gun (or not, depending on the circumstances) threatens my or my kids’ lives, I will shoot them in a heartbeat. Sorry, definitely not sorry.


9.

Is it normal to post pictures online of yourself in a bikini?

No. I don’t think it’s a big deal though… You let God and everybody see you in one at the beach, so I guess it’s really not much different.


10.

Is it normal to like the smell of gasoline?

I don’t like it, but I am about as far from “normal” as you get, so I’m not really sure on this one. I know plenty of people that do, though, so I guess it probably is normal.




2 comments:

this hive. said...

hi there!! newest follower to your blog :) i forget how i stumbled but im soo happy i did - youre hilarious! cant wait to read more!
XOX

Chalk in the Rain said...

VERY good point for #9!
Thanks for joining in today! Have a great Tuesday!