Tuesday, February 12, 2013

48

I know this is about the third or fourth post of answering questions I've done lately, but so much is going on that I don't even know where to start! Not to mention all the writing I'm doing between a writing & a sociology class for school... So! I saw this on Natalie's blog & figured I'd join in the 48 questions of fun! :)


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mom (just like every other woman giving birth in 1985) loved the name Sarah, so there ya go. I have my Nana's middle name, Ann. I haaated my name when I was younger. I don't think I ever went a year in school where I was the only Sarah. In elementary school, there were 3 or 4 of us in one class, and there were two of us with last names that started with "C", so I was "Sarah Co." forever. Ugh. (Also a reason I didn't want to give my kids super common names!)

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
A few days ago? It is so friggin hard dealing with pre-teen hormones. I'll just leave it at that. 

3 DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Usually! I love writing out a list or handwriting a note or card. 

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I'm with Natalie, smoked turkey. ONLY with provolone, lettuce, & mayo though! (I'm not a big sandwich eater.)

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Two girls! If and when the opportunity presents itself, I would love to have another.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Honestly?! I'd probably think I was a snob, even though I'm so not! I am really quiet in situations where I don't know many people, so it comes off as being snobby, when I really just am shy! 

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Who, me? Never!! ;)  

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Sure do! I spent half of my childhood trying to convince my doctor that I needed them out. Hello, who wouldn't want to eat popsicles and miss school?!

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Hell to the no. I would skydive in a heartbeat, but attaching myself to the end of a rubber band and hoping for the best? No way.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I really don't like cereal. I blame the fact that I ate a bowl of it every single morning and afternoon from the time I was in second grade till I graduated. I'm all cereal-ed out. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of breakfast in general. (Unless you're talking some Brother Juniper's! If you're in Memphis and haven't gotten you some BJ's, you're missing out!!)

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not if I can help it.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Eh. I have my moments. 
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Banana Pudding by Blue Bell! It is the most sinfully amazing thing I have eaten in years. I can't buy it or I'd eat the whole container.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes. I mean, c'mon, if someone can't look you in the eye when you meet them?! Something's up. Just sayin'.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red, it's my fave color!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I am horrible at verbally expressing myself, which often leads to me exploding into a big, anxiety riddled mess.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My Aunt Bobbie. She was my Nana's oldest sister, and from the time I was 16 till she passed when I was 23, I took her to the beauty shop & grocery shopping every week. She was always there for me, no matter what. Most of our family only saw the super Baptist, serious Aunt Bobbie, but some of my favorite memories are joking around with her and she'd get to laughing so hard her face got all red. She was the best. 
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Thinking before I speak. Will I ever learn that one?!
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black and grey (They're my granny looking Merrell mary janes that everyone thinks are hideous. They aren't very cute, but whatever.)
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A spicy crab roll from the cafeteria at school.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
"Where Did Our Love Go" by The Supremes (My Hootie & the Blowfish station on Pandora is one of my favorite things on Earth. It is the perfect mix of 90's, indie, and Motown.)
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Cerulean! Ohhhh, cerulean. I take it back about red, cerulean is my most favoritest color in the world! When they did a Gilmore Girls episode about cerulean, a part of me died and went to Heaven.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
B's cologne, the cranberry frost Febreeze, outside right before it snows. (Please tell me I'm not the only person who can smell impending snow?! It's the best!)
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
I like everyone to have an opinion. I generally keep mine to myself, just because I do. I respect everyone's opinion as long as it's an informed decision. If you're spouting off at the mouth about something because that's what your daddy thinks, STFU, please. Read. Inform yourself. Don't be a dummy.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Mountain hideaway. Sand & saltwater skeeve me out. Plus I'd rather be in a sweater + leggings than a bathing suit, thankyouverymuch.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Basketball & football! I'm a junkie. 
27. HAIR COLOR?
Naturally it's a poop brown color. I've had it red/reddish for the better part of the past 5 or 6 years though.
28. EYE COLOR?
Blue! People always think they are colored contacts, but no.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yep! 
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
I swear I can't pick one single all time favorite. Right now chips + guacamole from Las Delicias is my fave.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy! I love a good stupid frat boy comedy. The raunchier the better. (What can I say, I have the mind of a 12 year old boy half the time.)
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Hmm. I have no idea. 
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Tiger Blue!
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Fall has always been my favorite, but last summer was pretty great, too. The Memphis heat sucks, but other than that, I don't hate it!
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Hands down, strawberry cake from Soulfish!
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Until I was introduced to Crossfit I only ever did cardio, but there is an amazing sense of accomplishment from doing strength training that can't be beat!
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Computer
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Textbooks! I want to read "Sparkly Green Earrings" once I get this school reading down, though.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
What's a mouse pad?! .. I kid. 
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
I like listening to my people sleep. (How creepy is that?! Listening to people breathe?!) I'm also in the throes of some serious baby fever, too, so babies in general. Even if they're crying. I love it.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Don't have one. My musical taste is so across the board, I could never narrow it down.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Chicago. Going to Boston in April, though, so that will be the new record!
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I always say the most accidentally inappropriate things at the worst possible time. "Ugh, I'm going to die if I have to deal with this one more time! Oh, what's that? Your grandma died? Oops."
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Memphis, TN
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Memphis, TN! As much of a bad rap our city gets, I truly love it here. It's the biggest small town I know! 
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Reddish brown brick, white trim.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
White! 
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Beats coming up with anything of substance, seeing as how my brain is constantly fried these days. 

No comments: